Kaiser Chiefs

martin13

Thursday 9 December 2010

Merchandise

My official Leeds United scarf has been keeping my neck warm over the last couple of weeks in this incredibly cold weather. It was a great present and it is the same scarf I'm wearing in the little profile picture in the About Me section. As I have been wearing the scarf a lot lately it got me thinking about a few other examples of Leeds branded products I own especially after previously talking about my Leeds United PS2 game.





Unfortunately the main thing that comes to mind is something unbelievably naff. I hope that I got it free from something because it is simply not worth anything and definitely doesn't keep me warm. It is a very basic looking calculator made out of polystyrene to look like a Leeds away kit. It is pretty useless and looks quite bulky. It hasn't got any special features so I may as well use the calculator on my mobile phone. I have no idea why I haven't thrown it away, maybe it is just because it has the Leeds logo on.



Obviously you can't talk about Football club merchandise without mentioning replica shirts. Some fans feel the need to buy the latest home shirt every year as it has a slightly different design. As a Leeds fan I know that the home shirt will be white so the one on the right I own from a few years ago is just fine. I used to have the bright yellow away kit and the sponsor on it was Strongbow. When I was about ten I had no idea what Strongbow was yet now a decade later I find myself listing Strongbow cider as one of my favourite drinks. I remember feeling really happy being bought my first Leeds kit which included the shorts and socks and were my favourite clothes. Now wearing a Leeds shirt occasionally will easily suffice.

2 comments:

  1. i dont reckon much to the calculator but the white shirts have always been impressive. Can remember having the plastic number that attached to the socks now that was impressive number 7 (Peter Lorimer )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! Loving the calculator. I have a fountain pen with a leeds kit design on it from when i was at school!

    ReplyDelete